Home away from home
Encounters with Canada is held at The Historica Canada Centre, a friendly, inviting residential facility, situated on 2.6 acres of beautifully landscaped property, minutes away from downtown Ottawa.
DESIGNED WITH YOU IN MIND
Located in a residential neighbourhood, the Centre provides a safe, comfortable environment, with everything you need close at hand.
The Centre is completely wheel-chair accessible, offering special, adapted facilities (washroom, shower, elevator) and van.
HEALTH & SAFETY
To ensure everyone’s safety, the Centre’s on-site Visitor Services department is on duty 24/7. Emergency buttons are installed throughout the Centre and numerous closed-circuit cameras are placed at strategic locations. The property is entirely fenced in.
All of our staff members are trained in first aid, CPR and emergency procedures. A nurse is also available at the Centre for one hour each day, and an on-call doctor is situated very close by.
- Separate dormitories for men and women, with showers, bathrooms, lockers and laundry facilities
- Cafeteria/auditorium for meals, presentations and recreational activities
- Conference/classrooms for workshops and meetings
- Lounge and resource centre with a wide-screen television, DVD movies, comfortable couches, a library, board games, musical instruments, and more
- Internet Café with 29 work stations and printers available
- Games room with a ping-pong table, foosball and more
- Bob’s Canteen for essentials
- Vending machines and ATM
- Pay telephones
- Coin-operated washers and dryers
- 2.6 acres of recreational space!
- Picnic tables
- Courtyard with benches, tables and chairs
- Basketball, volleyball and ball hockey courts
- Skating rink (winter)